It was such a pleasure to welcome clients and prospective clients to booth E19 at the Australian Asphalt Pavements Association Flexible Pavements Conference in Sydney. We were delighted to meet so many of you interested in innovative insitu testing for asphalt and base materials.
Highlights from the conference included:
Mon 19th August
- Ian Van Wijk – Consideration of sustainability aspects in the assessment of the feasibility of surfacing of unsealed roads
- Ryan Jansz – Asphalt In Rail For The First Time In Australia
Tue 20th August
- Dr. George K. Chang – Intelligent compaction – Keynote
- Laszlo Petho – Insitu performance monitoring of a high RAP content asphalt mix designed using the binder blend characterisation method
- Bevan Sullivan – Performance of Flexible Pavements in Container
Wed 21st August
- Greg White – Advances and innovations in flexible airport pavements
Devices shown during the conference included our Light Weight Deflectometer for measuring base stiffness before laying asphalt and discussing topics like Intelligent Compaction, measurement of asphalt thickness and determining insitu asphalt stiffness so you can determine how soon can you open a freshly laid pavement to traffic.
To best support our clients with Intelligent Compaction implementation, Insitu Test have partnered with world leaders in Intelligent Compaction, The Transtec Group (USA). A very special guest joined us all the way from America! Dr. George Chang – Director of Research presented one of the keynote presentations.
Dr. George Chang is a world leader in Intelligent Compaction (IC) technologies. Since 2007, Dr. Chang has led the national IC implementation efforts in the US and founded the International Society for Intelligent Construction for worldwide promotion of innovative construction technologies.
The Transtec Group is also the developer of the one-stop-shop Intelligent Compaction website and Veta, the IC industry standard map-based tool for viewing and analysing geospatial data. Veta can import data from various IC systems to perform editing, data layering, point testing, and analysis. Veta displays compaction information in easy-to-read formats, including graphs and maps.
The best part to come from this conference was meeting great people. We love sharing our knowledge and connecting people together.