Concrete Pavement Non Destructive Testing (NDT)
Concrete Pavement Condition Assessment
We specialise in concrete pavements to establish pavement deterioration and current conditions. The pavements we assess include roads, cap parks, airport runways, aprons & taxiways and port hardstands. We also specialise in bridge decks and bridge structure condition assessments. Typically we use Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), a non destructive test (NDT), and provide easy to read reports summarising all key findings and anomalies.
You need to check your concrete pavement is laid to specification. Our methods help you do this non-destructively and ensure:
- concrete thickness is known and the depth is uniform
- the precise positioning and alignment of steel work (dowels, tie bars and re-enforcement)
Our methods are suited to both slipform and fixed form pavement constructions and results are available immediately at site so that informed decisions be made.
MIT-DOWEL-SCAN Tie Bar Alignment & Positioning Test
- Accurate measurement of dowel bar or tie bar positions and alignment
- Meets ASTM E3013 standard
MIT-SCAN-T3 Concrete Thickness Test
- Determination of the concrete thickness
- Meets AASHTO T359-16 standard