What a privilege for the Australian Geomechanics Society (AGS) to be hosting the 20th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering in Sydney from 1 – 5 May.
If you are one of the 600+ people attending in person, we’d love to catch up with you at our stand.
The theme of ICSMGE 2022 is “A Geotechnical Discovery Downunder – Geotechnical Diversity Awaits You”.
ICSMGE 2022 will focus on the application of theory and the discovery that comes when world-class minds are focused on the geotechnical problems facing our world. The conference program and technical sessions reflect this emphasis on applications, and are designed to trigger collaboration, innovation, and discovery from a diverse group of participants. The program will be hybrid, designed for both in person and virtual attendees.
A couple of program highlights include:
Day 1 – 2 May 2022
11:15 – 12:15 State of the Art Lecture: Transportation Geotechnics
Richard Kelly, Claudia Zapata
16:15 – 17:15 State of the Art Lecture: Tailings Dams
Andy Fourie, Ramon Verdugo
We’ll highlight further sessions on our Insitutek LinkedIn page when we have access to the detailed program.
While we are very excited to see colleagues at the conference, we recognize that not every one is going to be there. Hence, over the last couple of months, we have been organising organisation wide Lunch and Learn sessions for our network and plan on continuing these.
Recent topics include:
- Compaction Control for Dam Wall Construction – Light Weight Deflectometer vs PANDA Instrumented DCP, Nuclear Density Meter and Sand Replacement
- TERRA-3000 for Long Term Sustainable Soil Improvement / Soil Stabilisation – Pavement Academy
- How to Double the Lift Thickness (and Halve the Number of Lifts) without Compromising Compaction Quality – An Australian Case Study
- Why is there a shift from density to modulus based testing?
- Geotechnical Investigation In Situ Testing Options
Hosted by our very own Robin Power, the intention is to increase awareness and stimulate internal discussions on alternatives to traditional practice. Let us know if you are interested and have a particular topic in mind and we can arrange a session for you.
You can check out our recent blog posts for further ideas.