The National Workshop on Transportation Geomechanics and Ground Improvement was hosted by the Transport Research Centre (TRC), University of Technology Sydney and co-hosted by the Australian Geomechanics Society, and the technical committees TC202: Transportation Geotechnics and TC211: Ground Improvement of ISSMGE on 24 Nov 2022. Insitutek’s stabilisation and insitu testing methods were of great interest to participants.
The presentations focused on innovative R&D outcomes, practices, technological applications and case studies to allow the audience to learn about new tools and techniques relevant to their work.
A broad range of topics in the program were presented covering emerging themes and advances in the areas of Transport Geotechnics and Ground Improvement, including:
- Challenges and Innovations in Earthworks Controls for Transport Infrastructure
- Soft Ground Improvement
- Tunnelling in Soft Ground
- Waste Materials in Road and Rail Substructure
- Port Reclamation
- AI and Machine Learning Applications
- Use of Geosynthetics
- Soft Soil Instability and Mud Pumping under Cyclic Loads
- Environmental Impact Assessment, among others